Sunday 19 February 2017

Best Laid Plans







On Monday morning I had to jump out of bed and fling my clothes on as a DIY quilter arrived sharpish while I was lazily reading in bed, celebrating the mid-term holidays. I thought I knew better than my calendar and decided that it was weird that she had scheduled the 13th of February and also 13th of March when it was just a weird quirk of the calendar.

I managed to fit in a nice wee quilt for a customer but the only other sewing was a zippy bag for my new selfie stick, purchased specially for my forthcoming trip to Quiltcon;) 



I can prove that I have not been time wasting because I have filled up 7 whole pages of ideas and things to do in my notebook, as well as a random list of tasks for Thursday and Friday. I did just about everything on it, even coaxing the hibernating lawn-mower into life and persuading Fergus to help dig up a tree that self-seeded itself right outside a window about 7 years ago. 



I also had a productive brainstorming session with Tania, attempting to work out a schedule of workshops from my studio, hoping to replace the classroom teaching. It was great to have another person come up with helpful suggestions on dates and general logistics. 

It would appear that I have prepared for a siege, having cooked and frozen a selection of ready made meals for my veggie teens for when I am away. The store cupboard is full of emergency rations, including 9 tins of baked beans and spare Nutella. There is enough pet food for at least a month and everyone’s schedule is on the noticeboard. I am only off to the USA for a week but a few days after I get back I will be heading off to Switzerland for a Bernina Q-Series seminar, followed by a trip to Germany a month later! 

I have actually typed up a list of potential projects for consideration - I know I must make up some quilting class samples fairly urgently but I really feel the need to be working on something else instead of constantly “dabbling”…


No comments:

Post a Comment